Wednesday 1 April 2015

Things don't go to plan when.....

The whole being back at work thing is new for us a family and Iris is adjusting to these changes well or so I thought. 
I arrived home last night at 12.30 trying to be as quiet as a mouse as I come in the front door. I can't hear anything so feel pleased that I may be able to get into bed and sleep before she wakes up. To my horror when I go upstairs not only is she awake she is lying in my spot on the bed. She may only be tiny but there is no room for me as she spreads out like a star fish and the glimmer of hope about a little uninterrupted sleep diminishes in a second .....and then she begins to CRY!!!!! I almost started with her as my neck hurt and I just wanted to lie down. Oh well,  I was very pleased to see her and gave her a big kiss. Of course she is not interested in kisses just boobie and pulls at my top and so it begins......
She was on the dam thing all night -yep she glugged her way through one moved over to the other and then stayed permanently attached and every time I tried to move her off there were tears. By 4.30, I wanted to cry having been awake and not slept! Iris didn't want white noise or a dummy or anything, nope just me. I understand it's  because she has missed me during the day but all I wanted was a little kip! 
My morning didn't get much better as we got up at 7. There I am desperately trying to have a few more minutes shut eye when my phone gets dropped on my face right on my chin. It bloody hurt I won't lie and then I'm awake and pretty grumpy until I see her beautiful face and that cheeky grin. We get up and have breakfast and in my head I'm thinking I will wear her out and we will be back in bed by 9.30 having a lovely long nap like yesterday. I couldn't be more wrong. Iris would not nap she wanted to play no matter how many times I put her on the boob or the White noise up, I closed my eyes just dropping off and bam she would just get up!!! It drove me bonkers and is a form Of mental torture when your tired. I lost my temper and shouted and got up leaving her in her cot for a few minutes not knowing what to do. On my fifth attempt I think and about 40 minutes later she finally goes to sleep and I drift off too waking 20 min later. I think I will take her off the boob now and we can have another 45 minutes and she instantly wakes up hysterical. Could I get her back to sleep? No. Was she a miserable crying mess from then on and wouldn't let me put her down?Yes. Was she tired- of course she was! This kind of behaviour just sends me over the edge when I'm exhausted and I start to go a bit bonkers. She spent the last 30 minutes with me crying and then I left for work and Aunty Jane had her for an hour before going to nursery. 
Good reports from Nursery today..... Guess what!?! She slept for them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment