Friday 10 April 2015

Dr sleep App

Thought I would write another blog as I wait for my train home it's 00.44 and I have another hour before I'm home at least from work. I've really missed Iris today, I think today was the first day I actually wanted to cry when she went with Grandma and Grandad in the car. I had a real mixture of anxiety and sadness , think it may be just a mum thing but I can't help but think something is going to happen to her and I'm never going to see her again, and it fills me with dread. 

My day has been some what stressful with trying to organize everything before work. All I can say on the matter is that white noise works on me to make me sleep (honestly, I could probably sleep on a washing line) but this means I fall sleep on Iris's nap and wake up 40 minutes later having not got dressed or made my lunch and the in laws have turned up ! 
My week has been like ground hog day. Iris's sleep is like ground hog day.... Go to sleep, wake up, go to sleep, wake up. I always have a tiny bit of hope that she may go to sleep and 7 hours later wake up ha ha!

I've been filling out the new sleep app connected to St Thomas hospital in London's sleep clinic. Hum, what do you want me to say about this?! As a vulnerable person ( I class myself as this because I am sleep deprived and make stupid decisions) I will listen and hold onto anything you give me in a glimmer of hope or a shed of light that they may be able to help me or solve the sleeping issues I have with Iris . Night one, I happily fill out the form -7 wake ups! 
Dr sleep advice 'Your child seems to be having short sleep cycles'! No shit Sherlock, jees I could write this bloody app if that's all you can tell me, I'm probably more qualified!
 Night two, 9 wake ups Dr Sleep says 'Your child is sleeping a little less than other children their age, this may change'. Not being funny, but I need to hear something I don't know and it's already changed ITS GOT WORSE!!! It's like dangling a carrot in front of a rabbit!

Night 3, 4 wake ups! Yes that's right you heard it only 4!!!! Her average sleep time then increases to ten hours and she is classed as normal! Dr sleep tip for me  this night 'Try to ensure your child doesn't use electronic devices at least an hour before bedtime'. Er, she is 1 not 21! Honestly not helpful! 
Night 5, 5 wake ups and Dr Sleep app tip is 'it's taking a while for your child to settle. This is very common and it's often just a temporary thing. If it's getting worse or you are worried seek healthcare professionals advice'. 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely this is why I am down loading a sleep app?! Surely, I want the frequent wakings to stop and they have become more frequent which is why I am seeking your help!
So glad I didn't pay for this app I can tell you! I'm looking forward to more useful tips next week so that I can share them with you and you can feel as sorry for me as I do. 
I'm writing this Friday night into Saturday morning and Daddy had Iris this night  and her sleep has been off the scale of awful, so I'm not even going to fill it in, no point it won't tell me something I don't already know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment