Tuesday 7 April 2015

That's what best friends are for.....!

My night was ok, in the grand scheme of things I've had worse, but I can also hope for better. I breastfed Iris last night because she just wouldn't go to sleep and I got annoyed. I just want 5 minutes to myself and I don't even get that anymore. 
I fed her and put her in the middle of our bed with a lovely thick duvet (obviously observing the co sleeping rules) hoping she might sleep for a few hours. She slept from 8.15 till when I came to bed then she roused but went back to sleep. I then fed her I think around 11, then I misplaced my phone in the bed but believe Iris roused x2 more before 4 when she decided to be on permanent wake up. I tried everything to get her down but after she had bitten my nipple properly for the 1st time since having her teeth I took her off the boobie. Maybe this annoyed her, who knows?! but she can be very stubborn when she wants to be- some would say a bit like her father! A nappy change, boobie and two hours later we are back to sleep exhausted and awake at 8.15!  My only fear for this week is she will make a habit out of 4am and Thursday is work day! 

I've had a gorgeous day today with my 'Bestie' and her lovely little girl Sophie.
We went swimming at our local pool and Iris loved it. She screeched from being lifted up and down and had delight in her face from having her ears under water, truly lovely to see. She was also on top form being very loving giving kisses and not being a grump which,  meant that we all had a great day. 
 I enjoyed being out doing something different and catching up with my old buddy, old pal. My Bestie and I have been friends since we were 7,so 28 years now, it's a long time. It doesn't matter that we don't speak daily as as soon as we are back together we chat like we've never been apart. I was really pleased to hear that she reads and follows my blog. I'm no longer writing this and hoping someone reads it, I know that she does because she cares and I'm grateful to her, after all that's what best friends are for x

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry! You're a wonderful mum and Iris is a beautiful girl. Love you both xx

    ReplyDelete