Sunday 29 March 2015

Weekends are for resting

Weekend is here and there is a house full of illness;1 sigh. Luckily Iris is relatively well compared to her poor mum who is barking like a dog coughing and has lungs that feel like they are on fire. Daddy also has a cold, so of course he has man flu and it's much worse than my chest infection!
I took Iris to a 1st birthday party for one of her NCT friends, we had a lovely time. It was hard work however; Iris is like a whirlwind and the life and soul of the party.  She is into everything lol and not even walking! The party was in a hall with hundreds of toys available to play with. Iris had a couple of favourites, the ball pit, the Tikes Cosy car and the slide. When it came to eating; Iris wanted it on the go or not at all. She then decided stealing other babies food either out of their hands or off their plates was much better taking a nibble then throwing it over her shoulder! Honestly not sure where she gets her table manners from!
My chest was hurting from talking and running after her and after about the tenth time of rescuing her from trying to climb up the slide the wrong way we went home but not before sampling a piece of yummy cake.
Iris received her first party bag (mummy totally excited about this) and starts to think of ideas for Iris's party In two weeks time. 
Once I was home, I realised how I had over done it and Daddy took Iris to see Grandma for a few hours. 
I watched Fortitude (love this) and laid on the sofa feeling sorry for myself. 
Last night was again not great at all. Iris went to sleep by 7.30 again holding dummy and listening to white noise. The White noise stopped working and she woke up about an hour later :-( she then was really restless and woke twice more before I went to bed at 9.30- yes even on a weekend! I'm far too exhausted with my chest infection to stay up and watch rubbish tv. 
I slept, Iris woke, I coughed my guts up Iris and Daddy woke, I slept,  Iris woke  and this is how my night went and I was so fed up by 1, I tried to sleep in spare room and Iris then realised I wasn't there and starts crying! Aaaggghh. Of course then the clocks change and I feel like I've lost a whole lot more than 1 hour. Iris decided she wanted to get up at 4 again, I don't know why?! I managed to get her back to sleep about 6 and we slept till 8.30. Iris up for the day and full of beans! Mummy up for the day and exhausted. :-( daddy feeling poorly so not much fun here today! Think it will be a day of rest and more antibiotics ho hum! X 

No comments:

Post a Comment