Wednesday 25 March 2015

Day 333 in the Trussler household


So Iris decided it was time to get up about 6.40 today, not too bad I suppose. She sleeps in a co sleeper attached to our bed, as the cot to her has become somewhere she doesn't feel safe and no matter how much I try to force it, she doesn't sleep well there at all. So for my sanity about 5 months ago I got my Dad to help me and he converted a cot and attached it to our bed, it's been the best thing for not going bonkers (although some may say it's too late). 

Last night asleep by 7.40 and woke 25 minutes later then woke again before I could get my sorry arse to bed. Daddy went into her but nope only mummy will do as she is 'the working Cow' lol. I'm trying to wean her at the moment....hum, how is that going?! 
Some days good, some days bad. I have managed to get her to sleep now after months of sitting in the rocking chair by just being in my arms. She now holds a dummy she doesn't suck and never has and she just closes her eyes and goes to sleep! No boobie amazingly, but white noise is played very loud to the tune of rain or a vacuum cleaner. She listens to it, zones out and is off to the land of nod. I'm working towards laying her down and being able to get her to sleep with the dummy and the noise without me. I know this will not stop her from waking as I have managed something similar in the cot, only to then have multiple wake
 ups.  The only thing worth a try which I haven't done since she was born is to wean her. She sometimes gets to 1 or 2 without having a melt down for boob, but tonight she got to 9 ( from 5.30). After she was fed she didn't wake again until 23.55 for boobie, at this point very tired, I fed her again but when she woke at 3, I tried to keep her off the boob, turning the White noise up and changing the sound and giving her dummy and water. It worked she went back to sleep on and off but not for long resorting in me feeding her around 4.30. This made her then go through till about 6 and in my last ditch attempt to keep her asleep a bit longer offered boob again and white noise up and she made it to 6.40. This was a good night for her. Waking x2 before I went to bed and then waking at 11.55,3 a few times from 3-4 then at 4.30,6 and finally getting up at 6.40. 
Today we have a busy morning:
Off to Slimming World for my weekly sanity check, pop into see Grandma on the way back and then Iris is in nursery. This gives me a few hours to catch up
On things.... It actually gives me a few hours to buy a magazine and go and get a coffee and sit and have a quiet rest for a while. I get in trouble often for not doing anything...the truth is I can't be arsed to clean or put washing on. Today, I have to get my bike fixed ready for work next week. I have to do this today 😞
Hope you have a good day ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment