Sunday 8 March 2015

Introducing me x

Well here I am 11 months into being a  Mummy and writing my first blog.....I have lots to tell you in the hope that in return you will follow me and offer your support, tips, guidance, humour and sanity!!
I'm a 35 year old mummy to one fiesty little girl called Iris. I'm on maternity leave and soon to be returning part time, I've spent the best part of 11 months awake with my daughter whom doesn't sleep ( well not like you and I). I need to write this just to feel normal and like I can talk to someone because Iris isn't answering and probably is sick to death of my voice!

Iris was born back in April 2014, she was a perfect, 7lb 9 baby albeit a bit quick (7 hour labour) and she came into our lives and the roller coaster began.
Not being a mummy before everything was new, she was tiny, I was Breast feeding, sore, tired and to be honest bloody terrified of pretty much everything, especially that she would die. Is it normal to keep checking if they are breathing? I was so worried I had Iris on an Angel Care Monitor in her Moses basket from day 1.  I suppose this is when the sleep deprivation began for me and it's never stopped. Not for lack of trying I can tell you...

Iris started not sleeping. I think I noticed it around month 3 when people started saying those dreaded words 'my child slept 7 hours, my baby slept through the night' etc etc Yada yada yada. I don't want to hear it!
Iris has never slept more than a few hours the most she ever did once was 7 hours and a complete fluke and never to be repeated again. At around 12 Weeks she was diagnosed with Silent Reflux as she kept doing some very strange things at night and having terrible hiccups and burping. At night after feeding she would wake up  after making noises and crying.  Her sleep went to 45 minutes naps and trying to get her to sleep during the day was an impossible task. Things have come a long way since then, except Iris still is not sleeping.  How can this be?
If there is a gimmick out there remotely linked to sleep I'm on it. If there is a herbal remedy, a toy, pillow, onesie, food, drink, sleeping ritual out there that may and I mean MAY help Iris to sleep I'm
Interested and I want it yesterday. I have tried so many things and had many many disappointing set backs and so I thought I would write this blog detailing my roller coaster nights and sleep deprivation and what gimmicks I have tried and products tested so that people suffering the same as us can stop wasting their money!
 I'm writing this blog to save my sanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment