Tuesday 19 May 2015

Superstar Baby!

Ok, so I think my baby has been swapped in the night, I mean she is not behaving at all like she used to...... SHE IS SLEEPING!!! Now there will be people rolling their eyes reading this saying, I told you so!
This change has come about since we took her off the boobage at night, I miss nothing about being frequently woken,  but the need is always nice, I feel loved.   There has been no night feeds for 20 days and daily feeds dwindling. The crux of it being I am not here at night so Daddy puts Iris to bed usually when I am at work. we are seeing 6 hours as a norm from 12-6 am usually, after 13 month's of disasterous sleep 6 is amazing.  
There have been a few changes Iris has adapted well to in the past two weeks. Nothing amazes me more than her resilience to adapt and adapt quick.
We went to Bristol for the weekend to visit family, it was staying in a house with Strangers to Iris, to be honest I thought Iris would be awful but she surprised us again! She slept terribly the 1st night as we arrived at 10.45pm but the next two nights over 8 hours straight! Woo hoo!! I think from having 1 nap and pure exhaustion she slept better.  She adapted to being in a strange house really well and loved seeing Aunty Sally and Uncle Andy by the time we left. 
We have gone down to only feeding at night and whilst I thought it was going to be a disaster, it's been successful. Yes she still wakes at night but no where near as much. My only slight issue.... When she wakes at like 6, I used to be able coax her back to sleep with a bit of boobie but now I'm not feeding her in the bedroom, I have to get up! 
I'm hoping this will improve. I'm so proud of how much she has adapted in the past few weeks and hopefully this is a sign of things to come :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment